Monday, June 23, 2008

"My grace is sufficient"

Hello there :)

This is Alisa and I thought I'd let you know a little bit about what I'm thinking...

It's easy for me to see the good in people. I look for things we may have in common or the way God is working in their lives, whether they see it or not. As I expected, being in Cambodia and at Daughters I feel comfortable with these people because they are God's children as well. They speak a different language, have a different culture, and look different than what I am used to; but they are people who need love and relationship; people who hurt and can get angry. They are the same as me. But there is a big difference. These women who we are spending our days with have been slaves; performing and giving themselves to people that they don't know and don't want to give themselves too. God has blessed me so much and its easier to put up a wall and not acknowledge the evil in their lives. I'd rather think that they are just like me, but there is a difference. I don't want to close off my heart to their hurt because I don't want to shut out the Lord. How can He use me to heal if I do not acknowledge the hurt and sickness? It breaks my heart, but it breaks His even more. God uses His people to bring justice in this world and if I am not willing to hurt along side the hurting when will there ever be restoration?

I hope this message isn't discouraging; the way God is speaking to me is encouraging. Gently helping me to understand his love and kindness. Helping me to understand what it really means to give my heart and help those around me.

I thank you all so much for your prayers, they are needed. And I love you all who supported us to come to Cambodia. We are priviledged to be apart of God's plans and praise Him every moment of every day. Thank you so much.

2 Corinthians 12:9 "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is perfected in your weakness."

Love you all :)

Alisa

5 comments:

lefczikmom said...

Alisa, you're message was far from discouraging but was very inspiring. I write this with tears in my eyes. I'm so encouraged by all of you ladies and your desire to serve the Lord in such a way. Be sure that you're all in my prayers every day! God bless you!

Anonymous said...

Alisa, know that as you are seeking after God's heart in Cambodia, your co-workers at Simpson are praying hard for you. God is going to use this time to teach you incredible things about him and his love. Be blessed!

Heidi

Krystal said...

Keep up the amazing, challenging, much needed work over there girls. You're doing great and I know our Lord is smiling down on you even now. Love, Krystal Cheney (eph. 3:14-21 is my prayer for you)

Chris Lowry said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JENNA!!!
Hope you have a special day today! Know how much we love you and miss you and are praying for you! We are so immensely proud of you and blessed by your obedience to God in doing what He has asked you to do. We know He will keep you safe in His arms.
I love these words of Mother Teresa
"EVERYTHING WE DO IS LIKE A DROP IN THE OCEAN, BUT IF WE DON'T DO IT, THAT DROP WILL BE MISSING FOREVER."
All my love, mom
P.S. Hope you got cake!

Emily Brianne said...

Jenna-I tore out all the verses off the daily calendar to give to you, but I forgot. Anyhow today's verse is 1 John 3:16-17.. You should read it!!!

The Trip